7 Facts About IRCTC That Will Blow Your Mind
7 Facts about IRCTC That Will Blow Your Mind
In this digital age, almost every other person is ordering items from e-commerce. Be it Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm or Alibaba-backed snap deal.
But do you know that there is a silent player who is slowly becoming a behemoth? Yes! Our very own IRCTC.
Here I present you 7 Facts About IRCTC That Will Blow Your Mind.
Seven crazy mind blowing facts about IRCTC you need to know.
- Not only in India but IRCTC website is amongst the most viewed websites in the world, rankings under 300 top sites worldwide and 20 top sites in India.
- On an average, five lakhs tickets are booked on a daily basis.
- The bandwidth of the servers employed by IRCTC is 775MBPS-1GBPS
- Nearly 42% of customers pay for IRCTC booking through Internet Banking & 24% use Credit/Debit cards.
- Recently IRCTC has announced Cash on delivery for tickets to encourage more people to use the platform.
- More than 1.2 lakhs users can operate the site at any time. IRCTC can generate 7200 tickets per minute.
- On an average, commuters generate 432826 tickets on a daily basis on the platform.
IRCTC started with a small capital base of 20 crores. TCS designed the ERP for IRCTC in 2006-07.
So in a True sense, IRCTC is made in India product.